Thursday, September 4, 2008

35 Weeks!




A Ford Tractor Cake :)


The Hostesses

We were blessed with a baby shower hosted by Taylor's sister, Beth, and his cousins, Kelly and Nancy. They had a farm theme that was too precious. The cake was in a shape of a tractor...blue icing for Ford! and guests sat on bales of straw that were covered in quilts.

I went to the doctor on Wednesday. My blood pressure was great and I hadn't gained any weight in two weeks! (I guess the Oreos have been doing too much damage!) The doctor said that I was one centimeter dilated but warned me not to get to excited...yet. (My sister was 1 centimeter for 4 weeks.) I am supposed to take it easy and keep my feet up as much as possible :) I now go to the doctor every week...we will see what the progress is on Wednesday!

Matthew's Update: Matthew doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds - about the weight of a honeydew melon. Because it's so snug inside my belly, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. (He just seems to be kicking straight into my ribs!) His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Before leaving school on Friday, I wrote Monday's date on the board...September 8th! It is hard to believe that Matthew could be here in 1 MONTH!

Waiting patiently and feeling blessed!

No comments: