Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thankful!

Since the weather was so nice this week, there was a lot of hay being baled. I have to admit that before I married a farmer, I never really noticed much that was going on on the side of the road. Now I notice...it is like a whole new world when you open your eyes and notice what is going on ALL around you. It might sound crazy, but I could tell you if the hay had just been cut, racked or was ready to be bailed. For that matter, I could tell you if it was hay or straw...who knew there was a different.

I am so thankful for this new world that I am a part of and I am even more thankful that our son will grow up on this farm.

Matt and I watched Daddy baling hay. Matt sat in his portable high chair in the back of the car. :)

Another thing that I never noticed is the art of hay baling. My husband is the best!


I couldn't resist...I had to buy Matthew these sunglasses. Now he really looks like his daddy!

Happy 4th of July! May God bless America and the men and women that serve our country so that we can enjoy FREEDOM!


2 comments:

Michele Fowler said...

That is really neat that Matt can grow up on a farm like his dad and come to know so many things that others don't appreciate any more.

He's really cute in the sunglasses and hat. :)

SueSue said...

What a powerful devotional about faith, family and freedom little Mommie !!!. As a sermon we heard last week @ NACC, being a Christian is a lot like being a farmer--doing your best @ working hard. You are blessed !!! Matt is awesome --like his Daddy !!! Counting the days today until we get to celebrate the day he was born !!!